With exactly two weeks ‘till Christmas, let’s give each other a break! My gift to you: I’ll take the haggle out of the holidays by accepting any reasonable, serious offer. So if you’ve had your eye on something and have a best price in mind, offer it! -
Tips for New Online Resale Shoppers:
1) Welcome! We appreciate you supporting our small businesses.
2) If your first offer is 50% or less of the listing price, sellers will think you’re just having fun or want to negotiate for attention but not purchase.
3) A great way to get the price you want without the haggling is to create a bundle or send a DM
4) If you saw something first on Instagram and clicked to buy, tell the seller! That loyalty could result in a discount!
5) Due to the various app fees and capabilities, sellers may use different prices. So comparing prices per platform is not always a fair comparison.
6) If the main price is right, but state tax and shipping feels high, deduct tax and shipping from your offer price and submit.
7) Saying “hello” in DMs and chats can save you money.
8) Many sellers are (or have been) buyers. We get it!
9) Give feedback promptly and fairly about the item you receive.
10) If you’re not giving 5-stars, even if there’s nothing wrong with the item, consider leaving no rating.