With the Bank Holiday weekend predicted to be great weather wise , we thought we should share some tips with you to help keep those hayfever symptoms at bay! In general try and follow these tips to keep your histamine levels balanced: .
- Ban energy drinks and keep caffeine to a minimum..
- Be wary of mucus-inducing dairy products.
. - Try to focus on fresh and dried fruit for sweet snacks instead of sugary cakes and biscuits. Snack on fresh pineapple, which contains bromelain, as this could help to reduce swelling experienced with hayfever. .
- Add foods that are helpful for hayfever symptoms such as ginger, garlic, pineapple and stinging nettle. .
- Increase your intake of vitamin C-rich foods. Vitamin C is a key nutrient when it comes to combating histamine. .
- Reduce stress. Stress hormones can make allergy symptoms more acute. They ramp up an already hypersensitive immune system. Anxiety may not be the reason that you have allergies, but it is a contributing factor
Even with our best efforts, hayfever can catch us. A.Vogel has a remedy for just about every hayfever ailment, without the side affects you get from over-the-counter products. .
➡️ Pollinosan Hayfever tablets, is a blend of tropical herbs in an easy-to-take tablet. ➡️ For those who prefer a tincture, Luffa Complex is a vegan alternative and can be recommended from the age of two. ➡️ If you suffer with dry itchy eyes, A.Vogel’s Moisturising Eye Drops are super. The hyaluronic acid mimics natural tear secretions, which means you get the moisturising and cleansing benefit of tears without the runny eyes! .
➡️ Similarly, Sinuforce Nasal Spray is gentle but effective for relieving congestion in the nasal passages without the horrible rebound dilation of steroidal sprays. .
Enjoy the bank holiday weekend & stay safe!
The Health Store Team .
#hayfeverseason #avogelherbalremedies #thehealthstoreireland