Hello lash lovers, thank you for taking the time to read this💖
I'm in a lot of Facebook lash groups, and I have to say that one of the most frequently asked questions are about glues. If anyone knows the best, or mine is not working, I have retention issues... and so on and on.
I've been lashing for 10 years now, and tried about a 100 different glues.
I have to say if the glue is not working or you struggle with retention issues its rarely the glues fault. The glue is there to stick, you just have to creat the perfect condition for it to work best.
1. Most glues have a certain climate they like, the supplier should have that information. In average its 18-23 degrees and 40%-60% humidity. Above 25degrees glues won't work at all, because the crystallisation is too fast. So by the time you get from glue to lash its already dry. Its crucial to create the required environment in your salon/studio. Aircon, humidifier, glue accelerator, nano mister. There are a lot of different factors that can affect the environment in you salon.
2. Glue speed, is also something you have to take seriously. If you are slower just admit it and dont try using 0.5 second. It will dry before you can place it and might stick for a short time but will fall off very fast, probably the next few days.
3. Preparation of the natural lashes. Obviously natural lashes have to be perfectly clean from make up, and any dirt that can cause retention issues. I know we all know that, BUT!! Did you know when to prime and why, when use shampoo, when just water?
Did you know that different coloured and textured natural lashes requires different preparation process?
4. Wiping the glue off the extensions on the eyepad before applying it on the natural lashes is a huge NO-NO. Never - ever wipe your lashes once you dipped into the glue. If you picked up to much glue just dip it back in the glue and pull the lash out slowly so you will have the proper amount of glue. OR, simply just toss it and get another one.
4. Speed of the application when to slow down and when to speed up.
5. Retention issues can be caused by the inappropriate lash choise as well. To long will obviously fall off much faster or snap of